Snow in Mount Vernon, Car Accident Increase, Safety Tips.
Snow in Mount Vernon NY at this time of year is normal, car accidents will happen more frequently because it.
Be ready for this winter season using those tips:
- Make sure your antifreeze is topped off.
- Install new wiper blades.
- Fill up your washer fluid. Keep an extra bottle of washer fluid in your truck.
- Check your tires. Here’s an old trick: take a penny and stick it into the tread head first. If you can see Lincoln’s head, it’s time to invest in some new tires.
- Check tire air pressure. Do this monthly using a pressure gauge. The correct tire pressure is located on your vehicle’s tire information label (on the technical information sheet inside the driver’s side door) or in the owner’s manual. You can also get them checked at a tire dealer.
- Make sure you have a fresh, clean battery. If your battery is more than three years old, have it tested by a technician.